The Forester's

Our totally awesome life and what becomes of it.

Monday, June 15, 2015

CA Part 1

So after weeks of having to pretty much do everything I think Drew was pretty wiped out. So he "suggested" I go to California earlier than our planned vacation so that I could get some extra help. I am so happy I did! Our family is amazing!!! My SIL's (Courtney, Rachel and Leah) took my girls for me so I could rest. They made food that sounded good to me. My MIL had the craziest week at work but she was still so wonderful! She helped me with my girls and didn't judge when I had no energy to discipline them. She was such a wonderful support. 
Captain was there to greet us when we arrived. Nora is such a sweet little love with animals.
Lila on the other hand has her own agenda. This was after about 10 mins of us being at the house.
One morning I walked down the hall and found this stinker patiently waiting for someone to open the gate.
We went swimming a lot! The girls had so much fun playing! There were cousins to play with all the time. 
Nora hurt her bum so she was letting me give her loves. 
My girls also went to bed entirely to late most days because of all the fun they were having. Which made for some very pretty cute sleeping pictures.

This one is my all time favorite. 
We also got to go to the sycamore elementary school festival. They had cute little students doing the face paintings. Lila wanted cotton candy, so she and I waited in that freaking line for most of the fair. Nora had knocked out pretty early on so I held her in that dang line for so long.
Thankfully Jorge had a stroller and let me put her in the bottom of it.
Even with all this fun we sure missed Daddy! They girls couldn't wait to see their dad. He truly is the best dad! He had a terrible week at work that week but he gave his girls the much needed love and attention even though he could have been worrying over the stress and issues at work. I'm so grateful for this cute little family of mine.
Again late nights and no naps!
We went to boomers one Saturday in honor of Grandma Van Dusen. She loved the bumper boats. So we headed down to celebrate in Grandma's honor. Nora was old enough for the bumper boats so she and I stayed inside playing arcade games.
The rest of our party came in and joined the fun. 

No comments: