The Forester's

Our totally awesome life and what becomes of it.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Adventures

My lovely friend Amber came to town and I was able to meet up with her and her stinkin cute baby Ezra. Lila was super excited to see Amber because it's been a while since we have seen her. We met up at the one and only Melanie's house. 
We don't take normal pictures! These girls are so kind and loving. I had so much fun catching up.
Amber had to leave early but we stayed and played at the park because it was a gorgeous day. Nora and Sylvie June played in the dirt and were covered from head to toe. I love my little dirty girl!
By the time we left the park all four girls were so gross. So we threw them all in the tub. I love when these girls get to play! They are such little buddies.
Drew had to work on Saturday so the littles and I decided to go have some fun. We went to wheeler farm. Again the weather was amazing and spring is starting to make its lovely appearance. It is definitely one my favorite times of the year. I really struggle with winter so any green I see fills me with happiness. (Cheese ball)
Nora loves the sheep because they bleated nice and loud for her.
She also didn't take a nap so she pooped out and would randomly stop walking.
After the farm we went to Drew's trade show and Lila was able to go rock climbing. 
Nora was not big enough so she didn't get to go. She was very unhappy about that. She and I went to the dog training booth next door to watch the dogs perform. I shouldn't be aloud into anything where people can sell me on stuff. I signed up for a free karate class for Lila, mailing lists for multiple companies, funeral home informations lists, and a raffle for a Disney cruise. I can't say no to people.
We also got to play in Daddy's giant work truck. 
Lila loved the big truck she didn't want to get out of it.
They had a face painting lady there who was very bored so Lila capitalized on her boredom and was able to get face and body paint. We had a fun filled day, these girls passed out early that night!
Sunday mornings are so lovely. Drew and I have an arrangement, he gets to sleep in on Saturdays and since we don't have church until 1:00pm I get to sleep in on Sundays. It's pretty amazing! So today I woke up to pancakes, eggs, bacon and OJ. I just love him! The girls love him to but they do not enjoy him singing "That's Amore" in his big Italian voice. It was actually pretty hilarious.
Nora got her revenge after his shower. It was kind of a little freaky but super funny. She sat on him and covered his mouth and his nose. How the heck did she know to do that? Creepy! Note to self never leave her alone with babies. 
She also muffled him with the pillow. After she was done she hopped off him and said, "all done, you're free!" 
Church was exceptionally awesome today. Nora loves nursery and walks right in every week. Lila did the article of faith in primary and was amazing. My little mama heart was so proud of her. Relief society was also great. We discussed the distractions in our lives and how we should not let them be distractions and focus on the things that are really important. It was a great reminder for me. We should be striving to do the things we are supposed to because it's not easy. We have to strive! All things in life worth having take work. I know this is true, my kids are constant reminders of that for me. They bring me so much joy but some days they are so demanding. 
Church is so late that Nora doesn't get a nap. So today after dinner she layed on the already passed out daddy and fell asleep. This was awesome because I put her in bed and she was out for the night. She really loves her daddy!!!

2 comments:

Radfords said...

I love reading each post so much--I read them in my Shasha voice and it totally feels like I'm having a conversation with you!
Plus, how fun was this weekend!!? I wish I could have hung out on Saturday, looks like SO MUCH FUN!
My kids played with my friends kids at the same playground on Saturday and Stori kept asking for you guys instead--plus the getting dirty was much less cute when they didn't have their little "sisters" to play in the dirt with

Drew and Alicia said...

Haha seriously! I read your blog in the Melanie voice!! We can't never live far away from each other!!!!